Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Whoops, bad blogger!

Well it's been a while since I last blogged..... I had a hectic week the week before last as I was on a work trip to Venice for the weekend.  I know, my job really does have its perks!!  Venice is beautiful, even in January when it is freezing cold.  Here's a few photos, I've tried to limit them so it's not an overload!  I am sure some will be appearing on LOs soon.

our hotel!
the view across the water from hotel room
Friday evening's 'masked' dinner
Bridge of Sighs
 
St Mark's Basilica
and the detail of the decorations...
St Mark's square - the left hand figure sounds the bell at 5 mins to the hour, the right hand one on the hour.
Just a normal street, with water instead of tarmac... 
It really was amazing, and to think all the foundations are sitting on millions of wooden pilings is hard to get your head around. 

The only downside to the trip is that I managed to pick up labyrinthitis over that weekend.  I can honestly say I don't think I have ever felt as rough..... the world was spinning for almost a week and I felt awful.  I had to spend 4 days in bed, and now I'm just so tired!  But hopefully things are on the up now and I'll be back to normal in a few days.  Hope to be back scrapping soon too - so many new challenges and classes for the new year, I've got a backlog of things I'd like to do!

4 comments:

  1. Oohhhh how gorgeous it looks. I think Venice is my most favourite place. Can't wai to how you scrap these. Actually I still have some photos to scrap of Venice from near on 4 years ago, so no nagging from me lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alli photos are really nice, looking forward to some nice layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great selection of photos Alli and what lovely blue skies you had.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and you seem to have seen plenty too in a weekend xx

    ReplyDelete