Saturday, 3 November 2012

Extension update

Well the bricks didn't arrive until 4pm on Wednesday, so obviously that affected progress this week.  The builders still kept busy though, put the foundations in for the new retaining wall and started building it.  On Thursday they were really cooking on gas and had another person on site to help get as much bricklaying as possible done.  They really went for it, and made up the lost days.  Here's where the build is up to...




all ready for the roof to go on next week.  They said if the weather is kind, we should be watertight by the middle of next week :)

We've found the artificial grass we want, it's so lifelike I don't think you'd be able to tell it wasn't real.  Just a real pain that we have found Homebase is one of the few places that act as an agent for the supplier and typically they had a 15% discount weekend.... last weekend!  Hope they have another one soon as it's a pretty big order and worth waiting for.   I hope it's not too long a wait as I have no patience, and it takes 2-3 weeks for delivery according to the website.  I'd love it all to be finished in time for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. The build is looking great Alli and so different to last week.
    Hope that discount happens again soon for you!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete