And so we are up to date! Here's is our December in numbers:
23 = the number of nights Alf the elf stayed with us. It was fun, but we were secretly relieved when he returned to the North Pole on Christmas Eve.
1 = the number of canoeing sessions Liam went to with Cubs - he really enjoyed it.
1 = the number of Beavers visits to the local steam train station to see Santa. Joe loved it and apparently showed Mr and Mrs Claus a photo of Alf on his camera and asked if they recognised him... they told him they did and he didn't stop telling Liam it was the real Santa because he knows Alf, bless him.
400 = the number of metres Liam swam at this swimming lesson in a distance session. So proud of him!
1 = the number of Roman costumes I made for Liam's topic day at school.
1 = the number of Christmas plays we went to see. Both boys did brilliantly with their speaking parts and it was very funny. Always amazes me how much the children learn each year to be able to do these performances, in addition to their normal school work.
5 = the number of hours we were delivering cards for Scout post. We think we posted about 500 cards (we took on a couple of extra rounds as well as our allocations due to others being unavailable). The weather was good and it was fun, and the dog was shattered at the end of each morning over the weekend so thumbs up all round :)
3 = the number of Christmas lunches I ate: 1 at school, 1 with work and of course Christmas Day at home. Yummy!
1 = the number of Coca Cola lorries we went to see. First time and the boys loved the snow machine they switched on. Couldn't be bothered queuing for the official photo!
1 = the number of candlelight carol services we went to at the local church. I didn't realise Liam sang so loudly and was tone deaf!
2 = the number of happy boys in the house on Christmas morning. They loved all their presents. The moustache themed stocking fillers went down very well lol. I was speechless when I opened my musical ruler!
4 = the number of onesies received, perfect for the terrible weather we are having to finish the year.
So here we are, I have managed to get to the end of this little project for 2013... now all I need to do is get the photos and notes into the album I bought this time a year ago when I had good intentions of documenting each month as it ended. Will get there in the end! Thanks to everyone who has kept up with my posts, despite their lateness in the second half of the year.
Big thanks to Julie for sharing here idea for the My Month in Numbers project. You can find more information about it here.
Not sure what I will do for 2014 yet... I'd like to keep some sort of yearly record as being doing it is various ways for a few years now. I like the idea of Project Life but don't know if I am committed enough for that as it's pretty full on! Will need to have a nose around on other blogs etc and see what projects and challenges others are doing.
Happy New Year everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




.jpg)


Go on ... Do Project life, honest it's fun :) maybe instead of a page a week do as one of the girls at my crop does and does a double each month. Or more if needed.
ReplyDeleteLove your round up of numbers and love that you all got onesies lol. Happy New year to you xxx
It has been lovely coming here every month and seeing your posts. Those onesies are pretty cool too!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with finding your project for 2014.
X
Happy New Year Alli...
ReplyDeleteI second Sandra's suggestion of Project Life, I loved doing it in 2013 and can't wait to get my teeth into it again this year. Go on, take the plunge!! X