Thursday, 8 July 2010

Prompts for w/c 18th June

The theme for this week is TENNIS as it is the start of Wimbledon. We've been watching quite of lot of this as well as the football. Shame the TV box decided to blow up in the middle of it all, but at least we got it back working to see the last few matches.

I especially liked the Isner/Mahoo match, although it went on so long I had to have a few power naps so I missed a few games. Such a shame someone had to lose after all that.

I've learnt quite a lot about tennis this week, it has been fun.

But I thought - being the sporty guy that I am, I should give tennis playing a try. Well, the first thing I discovered is that I have a problem with the equipment size. I couldn't lift the racket at all, not to mention being able to reach the ball at the same time.


Then some clever person who will remain nameless decided that I was perfect tennis ball size. Yeah, very funny. Not.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch Monkey, not much fun being used as a tennis ball! Hope you aren't too bruised! Luv Hedgie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey Monkey that was not funny, I hope you did not get a headache after that bashing!!!!
    Love
    Bongo
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor you Monkey being thrown about like that. Glad you were able to see some of the tennis. I watched lots.
    xDuckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear poor you Monkey being used as the tennis ball, although it did make me laugh LOL!!! I hope you have recovered now :)

    ReplyDelete