Friday, 6 April 2012

The Crumblies weekend

Been a bit lapse in the blog posting recently - sorry about that!  I have actually managed to do some scrapping, but most of that is due to the weekend away with the 365ers, now known as The Crumblies.  Was really great to meet up with everyone again, as it has been a while since we have all been able to make it our annual retreat. 


We stayed in a lovely place in Foxham, and as seems to be the habit with our meet ups, the weather was gorgeous.


They had one of those old Fisher Price record players in the games cupboard.  I remember having one of these as a child, so of course had to have a go.  It didn't work but I had fun being DJ Alli doing some scratchin'....


Shirley gave us a messy play class - and even I took part albeit wearing gloves lol.  It was a lot of fun, and I was surprised by the number of different effects you can get using distress stains.



We did a jigsaw swap too, the theme was handicrafts and Kay kindly worked out a grid so everyone had one of each.  Looks great finished doesn't it?


Mine is the middle piece - many thanks to Barbara for her help with some ideas to get started, I was really struggling!!  It was much better when I stopped thinking so hard lol.

And here are the LOs I did (well I finished 2 there, and had to add some journalling on the rest when I got back home):

Project12 for November and December - just got the opening and closing pages to do now and the album is finished...



My UKS team sketch for February - I've had this photo ready to scrap for ages and finally got round to it.


UKS March week 3 challenge - criteria was to use spring colours, sewing/fabric/ribbon and something to do with food.  I used one of the sketches from the retreat for this one.



And finally, a LO using a February Total Papercrafts kit:


It was so good we decided to go back again in October - can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Great photos of Clyde and well done on all those lovely pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great selection of LO's Alli.
    You did do a lot!
    Clyde really has grown since the last photo of him, he is still very cute.
    I just love his cheeky expression when posing for his shot.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous LOs Alli xx

    And Clyde is adorable!! xx

    ReplyDelete