It was my work's kick off meeting again last weekend, only seems like yesterday that I was in Venice! This year to mark their 25th year since founding the company, we had a 3 days cruise on the River Danube from Vienna to Linz (and back again) on MS Mozart. I think in the (almost) 15 years I have been working there, this was the best kick off I have been to.... so much more relaxed than the usual long coach journeys and strict schedule to make sure we were are the different venues at the right times. We arrived in Vienna and had a taxi take us to the boat and then the weekend began because we were already all together. The weather was pretty drab, cold but not a lot of snow or sunshine, but the traditional architecture along the river bank was nice.
And the locks were pretty impressive, when you think that we were on a boat 23m wide and 120m long! There was only about a foot clearance either side....
We had a fancy dress evening on the Friday night and a free bar all weekend as it was a special celebration :-)
We visited Melk monastery on the way back on Sunday which was really interesting and the abbey was simply amazing. I took a few more photos but the outside ones are better on their website as you can see more of it in one shot.
Back to reality now and rushing around like a headless chicken again this week with meetings and catching up on other stuff. Hoping to get some scrapping done this weekend as haven't had the chance to do any since my initial surge at the start of the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









super photos and I'm glad you had such a great w/e
ReplyDeleteAlli thanks for these photos and so pleased you had a great weekend too xxx
ReplyDelete