Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Slovenia

Warning: image heavy post!!!

As you know I enjoyed a weekend away in Slovenia – it was fun but very tiring. I have learnt so much that my poor little brain was struggling at times. Lets start at the beginning…

I didn't get my passport back in time, so had to suffer the journey in a bag. Not a happy chappy. Also wasn't best pleased when Joe's mummy had her bag searched the airport as the dim-wit left a can of pepsi in it {rolleyes}.

To get to Slovenia, we did a lot of travelling… we went by car, train, plane and bus. As you can see, it’s wasn’t a big 747 jet and it was pretty foggy at Gatwick so this didn’t put Joe’s mummy in a good frame of mind at 8am on Friday morning.



I was glad to get to Portoroz and check out our hotel. Woo-hoo, comfy bed, free smellies and a mini bar. I am in heaven.



As the people from other countries were travelling by coach from Austria, we had some time to explore the local area before dinner. The sunset was beautiful and so was the hot chocolate – it was basically melted nutella. Yummy.


And then I had my photo taken with this huge thing that was in the cafe. He was a big softie though, thankfully.

Then we went out for dinner to a traditional Slovenian restaurant. Food was great if you liked fish - Joe’s mummy doesn’t and all I wanted was a banana sandwich – not a chance! So there was nothing for it but to get stuck into the free wine to try to blank out the interesting music/singing noises the entertainment were providing.


Saturday morning was free time too, so we went back down to the seafront and took more photos. Looks lovely eh? Bet it is nice here in the summer when it is hot.

There was a park that I was allowed to explore while the humans were nattering.



This is Joe’s mummy’s work friends Antony and Tony. They were really nice to me while I was away.

Look how clear the sea is…..

As we walked a bit further, I found these cool pictures made from salt granules.

This is likely to be the closest I get to riding a bike!

I then spent 7.5 hours squashed in Joe’s mummy’s handbag while she was in the conference room. She said that she wasn’t sure what I was complaining about, at least I could nod off if I wanted to. But anyway, once that was finished we had a fab gala dinner. Joe’s mummy was useless and forgot to take photos of it…. But did remember when I was about to start my pudding. No bananas in sight, but the chocolate yumminess was great and so was the free wine!

On Sunday we had a visit to the largest cave in Slovenia, it covers an area of about 20km if Joe’s mummy has remembered right. I stayed in her bag as it was a bit weird if you ask me, but apparently this is what it looked like.... you couldn’t use flash and the photos Joe’s mummy took were rubbish – so this is from the cave’s website! Not the best of photos, apparently it was amazing in there.

And then it was back on the coach to the airport, the plane to the UK, the train and then a taxi home. I was cream crackered! And missing the free wine I might add.

7 comments:

  1. Wow what an adventure Monkey. I heard Claire and James talking about going on holiday this year so I am hoping that they will get me a ticket too. If it is anything like your trip then it will be great.
    Hope the wine didn't give you too much of a head ache.
    Love Pamela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Monkey you had a great weekend by the look of it.
    Shame that Joe's Mum put you away in her bag some of the time, I bet you would have been a big hit in the conference room.
    Shirley says that I am too young to drink wine, I think she just wants more for herself if you ask me.
    Hope you are allowed to rest up for a day or two after all that travelling.
    I hope Joe's Mum has found you some Bananas since you have arrived home!
    Love
    Bongo
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Monkey, you certainly had a great time and was worried you would get stuck in the mini bar though!!!

    Love Koala xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monkey good to have you home safe and sound, I was worred about you travelling without your passport..
    Sounds though you had a good time apart from being stuck in bags at times, aren't humans inconsiderate at times!!

    About all this free wine, Lynne must get free wine because I keep seeing her drinking it!

    Hope you get over your travelling soon and letus know how things are with the boys at home, did they miss you?
    Love Clemmie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Monkey that looks amazing. I think you're a very lucky young man to have such a fab adventure I hope you thanked your human properly for taking you! Curly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monkey so glad you had a good time and your own seat on the plane as well. That pudding looks yummy and I see you enjoyed the minibar. Hope you recover soon. Quack quack
    xDuckie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like fun, Monkey. :)

    I wanted to Follow you, but you don't have a follow button. :(

    Melman x

    ReplyDelete