Tuesday, 23 March 2010

You should compost because a rind is a terrible thing to waste

OK, confession time. We don't compost. We have nowhere to put it. Joe's mummy read somewhere they can encourage mice so that was a big no no as we already have little visitors from time to time. And when she was younger her and her sister made some when they lived at home. Never again.... it obviously wasn't done right. It was awful and she will never ever do it again.

On the plus side, we do put all our garden rubbish out for the recycling and they turn it into compost. In the summer we do add our compostable (love that word) waste to the bags. And we do have a water butt, which is my photo for today.

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a great collection of posts Monkey. Your garden looks lovely. I am very behind at the moment and am being a bit neglected.

    Love Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the water butt and recycling your garden waste. I am behind with my own prompts. Naughty me. xDuckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Monkey I did not know that those compost bins can encourage mice!!!
    I have been sorting out Shirley's bin and found great game to play whilst I was doing it, if I had thought that there were mice around I might have kept away!!!!!
    Love
    Bongo
    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne is very surprised that Alli and Dave have no compost bin of their own but guess you could be right as Lynne says we have rats around our gardens and Zac saw a dead one in the road last week LOL!!

    Oh and by the way...they are bigger than mice!!
    love clemmie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monkey, you've been busy, and subjected to some ordeals, glad to see you are still in one piece! Luv Hedgie x

    ReplyDelete